The AT&T Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio is a par 72 that suggestions out at 7,435 yards. It tends to favor a ballstriker over a putter, particularly whenever you take a look at a number of the winners of this occasion because it moved to the Oaks Course in 2010 (Kevin Chappell, Charley Hoffman, Jimmy Walker, Brendan Steele and Adam Scott).
Subsequently, take a look at strokes gained: tee-to-green and par-5 scoring (the par 5s listed here are robust).
Additionally this event has seen greater than its honest Share of inclement climate. This 12 months’s forecast requires some showers and thunderstorms, and a few wind, together with a 19 mph wind projection for Friday. However total, it’s not the worst climate this occasion has seen.
Here’s a take a look at my high 20 fantasy golf choices for the week:
1. Charley Hoffman: Since Texas Open moved to TPC San Antonio in 2010, he has made eight begins right here with one win (2016), two different top-Three finishes and 4 different showings of T-13 or higher. Coming off a T-12 at Masters, one in all three top-20s in his final 5 Tour begins. Ranks T-19 on Tour in par-5 scoring.
2. Sergio Garcia: His solely journey to TPC San Antonio got here in 2010 and resulted in a T-45 end. Throw out his MC and unfortunate No. 13 at Masters and he has three top-10s in as many begins coming into this week.
3. Brendan Steele: 2011 Texas Open champ has three different finishes of T-13 or higher right here. MC at Masters, however went T-20, T-17 in two earlier Tour begins. Ranks T-19 in par-5 scoring.
4. Si Woo Kim: T-22 final 12 months at Texas Open and enters this 12 months’s version with momentum. Went T-9, T-24 earlier than dropping in playoff at RBC Heritage. Continues to indicate enchancment throughout the board, together with leaping 18 spots to 39th in SGTTG.
5. Chesson Hadley: Constructed off T-18 in Houston with T-7 at RBC Heritage. Was T-Four right here in 2015. Ranks 25th in SGTTG.
6. Billy Horschel: Missed minimize right here final 12 months, however had 4 top-5s in 5 earlier begins right here and he ended a current droop with T-5 end at RBC Heritage.
7. Matt Kuchar: Slipped to T-23 at Harbour City, however nonetheless has two top-10s and nothing worse than T-28 in 4 straight Tour begins. He’s excellent in six tries at TPC San Antonio, however has only one top-10 (T-4, 2014).
8. Luke Checklist: Has gone T-29, MC in two journeys to TPC San Antonio. However his T-Three end at Harbour City was his second top-Three end this season. Additionally has three top-25s in final 4 begins. Ranks sixth in SGTTG and T-19 in par-5 scoring.
9. Adam Scott: Gained right here in 2010, however hasn’t performed since a T-23 in 2011. Doesn’t have a top-10 since The Gamers final Could, although he’s been displaying some life the previous couple of months (T-13 at Honda, T-16 at Valspar) after a sluggish begin to 12 months. Ranks fifth in SGTTG.
10. Ryan Moore: Was T-18 final 12 months, his first Texas Open begin since a T-Eight in 2012. Was T-16 at RBC Heritage and has three top-10s this season.
11. Ryan Palmer: Has notched 4 top-10s in eight begins at TPC San Antonio, together with three straight finishes of T-6 or higher. That’s ok to make up for his lack of current kind – 76, MC, T-28, MC, MC since T-2 at Farmers. T-15 in par-5 scoring.
12. Kevin Chappell: In seven profession Texas Open begins, he has a win (2017), a second (2011) and a T-4 (2016). Nevertheless, he has missed back-to-back cuts since withdrawing from Match Play with again damage. Ranks 14th in SGTTG, although he dropped six spots after Heritage, and T-24 in par-5 scoring.
13. Zach Johnson: Gained Texas Open titles at La Cantera in 2008 and ’09, however has only one end higher than T-20 in 5 begins at TPC San Antonio (T-6, 2014). Has had a really constant season with seven top-26 finishes in 10 begins. Coming off T-42 end at Harbour City.
14. Jimmy Walker: 2015 Texas Open winner was additionally T-13 right here final 12 months. Confirmed some good recreation at Masters with T-20 end. T-152 in SGTTG, although.
15. Beau Hossler: Missed minimize in his Texas Open debut final 12 months, however continues to dazzle this season. T-16 at Harbour City was his fifth top-20 of the season.
16. Julian Suri: Making first journey to TPC San Antonio, however confirmed what he can do in debuts after T-Eight in Houston.
17. Francesco Molinari: WD, T-42 in two Texas Open begins. However T-20 at Augusta Nationwide moved his string of consecutive top-26 finishes to 4. Ranks 17th in SGTTG.
18. Xander Schauffele: T-50 at Masters snapped his streak of 4 straight top-20s. Missed minimize in Texas Open debut final 12 months.
19. Pat Perez: His worst end in 4 begins at TPC San Antonio is T-22, however he doesn’t have a top-10 since T-Four at Kapalua. Does rank 14th in par-5 scoring.
20. Brandt Snedeker: Obtained again on observe with T-23 at Harbour City. Has performed right here twice earlier than (fourth in 2011, T-25 in ’16).