Panthers Drop Contests to Saint Louis and Washington U
Field Rating 1 ST. LOUIS, Mo. – The UNI tennis crew dropped contests in opposition to Saint Louis, 7-0, on Friday and Washington U, 6-3, on Saturday in St. Louis.
Saint Louis swept the Panthers, 7-0, on Friday. On the No. 2 doubles courtroom sophomore Thaissa Moreira/senior Valentina Caro defeated Jessica Stefan/Mya Spencer, 6-3, but it surely wasn’t sufficient to safe the doubles level. Senior Madeline Doherty and freshman Issa Sullivan fought via three-set battles on the No. 3 and No. 6 singles courts, falling simply in need of victory of their third units.
UNI fell to Washington U, 6-3, on Saturday. Olivia Fain/Carr posted an 8-5 victory on the No. 1 doubles courtroom over Ally Persky/Karen Gao and Doherty/Sullivan defeated Emma Sass/Divya Sharma on the No. 2 doubles courtroom. In singles motion, Caro defeated Laurel Wanger in two units, 6-4, 6-3.
The Panthers wrap up their weekend on the street in Edwardsville, In poor health. with a ten:00 a.m. match in opposition to SIU-Edwardsville on Sunday
Saint Louis 7, UNI 0
Washington U 6, UNI 3
1.Emma Carr/Olivia Fain (UNI) def. Ally Persky/Karen Gao (WASHUW), 8-5
2. Katherine Johnston/Laurel Wagner (WASHUW) def. Valentina Caro/Thaissa Moreira (UNI), 8-6)
3. Issa Sullivan/Madeline Doherty (UNI) def. Emma Sass/Divya Sharma (WASHUW)
1.Ally Persky (WASHUW) def. Emma Carr (UNI), 2-6, 7-5, 6-4
2. Karen Gao (WASHUW) def. Madeline Doherty (UNI), 6-4, 2-6, 6-0
3. Divya Sharma (WASHUW) def. Thaissa Moreira (UNI), 6-0, 7-5
4. Valentina Caro (UNI) def. Laurel Wanger (WASHUW), 6-4, 6-3
5. Hannah Johnston (WASHUW) def. Olivia Fain (UNI), 7-5, 6-7, 6-2
6. Sophia Huynh (WASHUW) def. Issa Sullivan (UNI), 6-0, 7-5