Panthers Fall to Missouri State 70-51
CEDAR FALLS – UNI girls’s basketball was defeated by No. 25 Missouri State, 70-51, Friday night on the McLeod Middle.
Missouri State began the sport on a 13-4 run en path to a 20-7 first-quarter lead.
The Girl Bears prolonged the result in 20-13 with 3:07 to play within the second, however UNI rallied to chop the result in 36-24 on the break.
Megan Maahs and Bre Gunnels began the third quarter with back-to-back buckets to chop the Girl Bears’ result in 36-28.
The Panthers continued to chip away on the lead and lower the deficit to 48-42 with 2:04 to play within the third, however the Girl Bears closed the body on a 7-3 run to take a 55-45 lead within the remaining quarter.
Missouri State outscored UNI 15-6 within the remaining quarter to earn the 19-point win.
Karli Rucker led the Panthers with 11 factors. She additionally grabbed 5 rebounds and added 5 assists. Brice Calip was the game-high scorer of the evening with 20 factors, six rebounds and recorded six assists. Missouri State went 50% from behind the arc and 75% from the free-throw line within the matchup towards the Panthers.
Maahs ended the evening with 5 factors and is now solely 10 factors away from becoming a member of Rucker within the 1,000 Level membership. Together with her 5 factors, she grabbed 4 rebounds placing her 17 rebounds away from the No. 2 spot on the All-Time Rebounding Record.
The Panthers and the Girl Bears meet once more Saturday at 4 p.m. on the McLeod Middle to play within the second sport of the MVC sequence.
– Emerson Inexperienced made her first-career begin.
– Kam Finley recorded a brand new career-high of three blocks.
– Maya Gyamfi went 2-2 from the free-throw line and grabbed two rebounds and two factors.
– Megan Maahs is 10 factors away from the 1,000 Level Membership and 17 rebounds from the No. 2 All-Time Rebounding Spot.
– Karli Rucker scored a team-high 11 factors. She moved previous former teammate Ellie Howell for the No. 13 spot on the all-time scoring listing.